Receiving a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia can be a pretty daunting and lengthy process. I’ve listened to many stories, similar to my own, where it can take many months of various tests to eliminate other health concerns and months of waiting for the results, all which bring turmoil to your life that’s about to change:
- Your sensitivity towards stress goes through the roof. You begin to feel fearful and anxious because you don’t know what’s happening to your body
- You start to pull out of social events because others around you don’t understand what you’re going through, putting the pressure between you, your family, your co-workers and friends.
- You then have to face the GUILT TRIP
- Because of the unpredictable symptoms, pain and medication side effects, many of us have to make changes or leave our job, causing financial strain and stress and often leading to anxiety disorders and depression.
- It’s no wonder that clinical depression accompanies the symptoms of Fibromyalgia and you should be sure to talk to your GP if you notice the signs of depression
- Your Fibromyalgia may be diagnosed as a primary condition or it may be secondary to an existing injury or ailment such as diabetes, arthritis etc., which makes treatment even more complex
This emotional roller coaster very often results with the feeling of ISOLATION
THE Benefits of Fibromyalgia Support Groups
At the clinic we recognize the value of meeting up with others who share similar challenges where the social pressure not to talk about your illness has been lifted. It is truly magical when you see the difference of when someone arrives, anxious and uncertain and after a short time you can see their whole body lifted by relief and shining out to others.
- A welcome awaits you, we do not define you by your illness but as you as a unique individual.
- It’s important to know that you are not alone with your condition and that there are others out there who understand and really get what you are saying.
- If you are recently diagnosed finding support and information is priceless, it’s always reassuring to hear from someone who has been there and done it, knows the importance of pacing and managing flares, experienced their worst and survived!
- Our Support Meetups are free to members or £5.00 to non-members and offered monthly in small, relaxed confidential groups.
- We ensure everyone gets to talk and ask questions if they choose, there is absolutely no pressure, you might just want to call in for a cuppa and pick up some information.
Guidelines are set out so everyone understands:
- We are all here to listen without any judgement
- We offer positive suggestions and information about Fibromylagia Treatment Options encouraging a healthy proactive approach to Managing Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- We look for answers to FAQ such as the associated symptoms and different types of Fibromyalgia Pain.
- What are the signs of Fibromyalgia?
- What can help Fibromyalgia?
- What’s the best diet for Fibromyalgia?
- What’s the best supplements for Fibromyalgia?
- We also find ourselves just chatting, laughing and putting the world to right!
At the clinic we encourage everyone to take responsibility for their own health and well being and we respect and never dismiss that we are all at different stages of our journey. Any information shared does not supersede any medical advice or intervention you are currently receiving.
If you are interested in coming along why not get in touch, or visit our fibromyalgia support group page. We look forward to introducing you to our wonderful group, a warm welcome awaits you, best wishes, Jok, Practitioner and founder of the clinic.